Episode #47 Notes & Other Stuff ^_^April 7, 2010
- Please use firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an event to announce, would like me to review your product or have a product review request.
- Winners: Linda Borst + Pheonixfire won this month’s Prize Drawing. Congratulations Ladies, your prizes are on their way!
- With prizes won and a new month upon us, we have a New Prize Announcement: Inspired Cabled Knits by Fionna Ellis
- The Spring For All Craft Along is still underway and we have less than a month to go! Please do not forget to post your FO’s to the blog. If you have any questions or would like to be involved, email me.
- I’ve published a new pattern, Epiphany No. 7 / Twist of Fate, free of charge.
Book Reviewed :
Comfort Knitting and Crochet: Afghans Norah Gaughan and Margery Winter, STC Craft Publishing 2010, ISBN: 1-58479-826-2
Other Items Discussed:
- Ashford Joy
- Louet Julia: Still for sale. Many interested buyers but no takers as of yet. It’s income tax season! ^_<
- Schacht Ladybug: I opted for the Ladybug. She will teach me a few more things and most likely sell me (or not) on a Matchless.
- Antique Wheel: I never thought I would collect wheels, and I am not so sure that I will, but I ‘found’ this wheel at our Spring Bazaar and just had to take her home ^_^
- Knit Mags Online:
- Knitty: Free, focuses on aesthetics, new design, unique construction. Also great tutorials, interviews, reviews and essays.
- Petite Purls: Free, focuses on infant and children’s apparel, accessories and toys.
- Knotions: Free, focuses are much as Knitty. This online mag has great potential.
- Tangled: Free, brand new online mag and as such, few patterns. Focus on knit and crochet.
- KnitCircus: Thumb through for free, Patterns are charged. Features articles, essays, interviews and patterns.
- Patternfish: A pay-per-pattern site. Much like Etsy but for knitwear.
- Twist Collective: A true online magazine featuring articles, essays, reviews, Q&A and pay-per-pattern. Patterns featured in this mag are often creations of well respected designers.
- Tension: A new online mag, also pay-per-pattern. So new, it’s hard to review but I’m keeping my eye on it >_^
- Classic Elite Yarns: Ok, technically not an online magazine but a Newsletter. Still, lots of great stuff here, to include free patterns and pay-per-patterns, too.
- Knit on the Net: Free online magazine. In its 10th issue and has featured some popular designs over the years.
- PopKnits: Free online magazine. Also very new but with great, great potential. Focus on vintage and romantic design, features reivews and articles. I am keeping my eye on this one, too.
- Knitch: A true online magazine. Hardly any patterns but you will want to visit this site if you enjoy reading articles, essays and interviews all things fiber related. Oh yeah, it’s free.